On June 12th, 2018, Trexin participated in the SecureXII – 12th Annual ISSA and ISACA Chicago Chapters Security Conference. The focus of the panel was how the digital transformation evolves as business migrates to the cloud. Gartner, Inc. estimated that 8.4 billion devices would be connected in 2017, and it expects that IoT will grow to over 20 billion connected things by 20201. CISO’s are in various stages of hardening their organizations while constantly adapting to these and other drivers, internal and external threats are pervasive plus constantly CISO’s are called upon to establish metrics that answer the ever-present question, “Are we secure?” A panel of five top CISOs in different business areas discussed how this affects corporations today.
- Given the migration of services to Cloud based platforms, what kinds of controls must our contracts, business stakeholders and IT leaders be integrating?
- How is the role of Information Security team changing to adapt to the changes?
- The IoT has exploded, endpoint devices are being targeted and compromised to gain sensitive records, how are CISO’s and their teams reacting?
- Lastly, what metrics and trending reports have the CISO’s found most meaningful to their organizations?
- Tina LaCroix-Hauri (moderator) – President, Bradford Garrett Group and Adjunct Professor, Risk Management, McCormick School of Engineering, Northwestern University
- Glenn Kapetansky – Chief Security Officer, Trexin
- Arlan McMillan – Chief Security Officer, Kirkland & Ellis
- Emily Heath – Chief Information Security Officer, United Airlines
- Erik Decker – Chief Security and Privacy Officer, University of Chicago Medicine